Find Your Instant Background Report at Government Records Registry Site.
My daughter did not sign for her records to be released to the court. The counselor said she was subpeoned to court but thought it would be better to just submit records instead of appearing. Could she release these records to the court without my daughter’s signature? We are in Ohio.
She is an LPC. I think she’s a licensed something or other.
I have no idea if she would sue this person, but I just didn’t think you could release records even to court without a signature. You trust professional people to do the right thing by you. I just don’t want her to not go to a counselor if she feels she may need help because of fear of information not being secure.
Of course, since the court wanted the information my daughter would have needed to sign for them to be released, but she would have known they were released if she had signed for them to be released.
thanks. just wondering about our laws.
- release of counseling records to the courts
- how to get counselor medical records
- how would you find out is psychiatric records subpoenaed
- i need my daughters mental records and ex wont give them to me
- if child sees counselor who can see records
- medical records ordered release in custody cases
- mental health records for child custoday cases in illinois
- ontario family court use of mental health records in custody
- releasing counseling records to courts