Can I become a police officer with an arrest record?

Best answer:

Find Your Instant Background Report at Government Records Registry Site.

Start Your Search Now!


I was arrested 3years ago for tampering with a witness and battery. I didn’t do any of that. Now I pleaded nolo contendere taking the advise of my incompetent public defender. Any way I did probation paid my fines and my record was sealed but I still have an arrest record. Would that make it difficult to become a police officer?


  • my record is expunged can I become a corrections officer in delaware
  • applying as a probation officer with an arrest record
  • can you still be a cop with a dismissed domestic case
  • correctional can you still be a police officer with domestic record
  • I want to be a cout officer but I was in jail can I still be a court officer
  • if arrested for spousal battery could i still be a correctional officer for alabama
  • if i have a record that is over 10 years old can i become a police officer
  • if you a domestic violence record can you still become a police officer
  • where can you become apolice officer in the usa with a felony record
This entry was posted in Public Records. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Can I become a police officer with an arrest record?

  1. candy g says:

    it would be beyond difficult…more in the realms of no chance……………especially with the charge being witness tampering…………..hardly a good sign for some one going into the force. regardless of if you did it YOU did plead and you was found guilty along with doing probation and paying fines.

    Honestly think your chances are slim to none.

  2. Crane says:

    It certainly does not help your aspirations.

  3. Badge203 says:

    Nope, your application would be rejected immediately with those charges on your record and your guilty plea

  4. Adonai says:


    Minor crimes are one thing but witness tampering will exclude you as a police candidate indefinately.

  5. Tin-God says:

    i don’t know in America, but if you was in the UK im sorry but you would have no chance

  6. avgjoe says:

    There is a way but it will be a long devious journey. First of all you are going to have to write a letter to the Governor of your state asking for a complete pardon. This will be like the crime committed never happened but the only way a Governor would grant you such a thing is for you to submit proof of your innocence which will require the need for a competent attorney.

  7. wmc says:

    off course why not,,,the one that dont have it in our crimefighting force just have not been caught yet

  8. Billy Bob says:


  9. Brendon K says:

    Tampering with a witness and battery are pretty serious. No Police Agency I know would ever hire you when so many people today are applying with spotless backgrounds and are still getting denied.

  10. laughingmisanthrope says:

    Dummy, you do those things AFTER you become a cop.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>