Does one have a criminal record if arrested, finger printed but NOT...

Does one have a criminal record if arrested, finger printed but NOT convicted yet?

Best answer:


Criminal Records, Marriage & Divorce Records, Bankruptcies, Evictions, Contact Info, and more...


Does one have a criminal record if arrested, finger printed but NOT convicted yet? I have my court date in march and i got offered a pretty good job. but they ask for fingerprint background check at the police station, will it show up as criminal or will anything show up at all? And this is also in a different county from where i got arrested.


  1. Yes it will show up as an arrest. The final outcome will also show up as to whether the charge was dismissed, or you were convicted or plead out.
    The police can see this record, but not all searches will show only arrests.

  2. It usually does, I just do not know how soon after.
    Once you have been fingerprinted it is sent to the FBI. If the job is doing a nation wide screening, they get it from the FBI. It is then up to the individual to provide the employer with the necessary paper work explaining the outcome of the charges.
    It does not matter in what state the crime took place if it is a nation wide screen.
    Depending on the seriousness of the crime, you may want to be honest. The employer may tell you that he/she may hold the position for you until you straighten out you legal situation. If you are meant to have the job, you will have it.
    Good Luck with everything.

  3. Your arrest history is still available for the National Crime Information Center

    ANY ARREST OR CITATION may show up on your criminal record and may be available for public inspection.

    In order to remove items from your criminal record, you need to file a petition with the court system and ask them to ‘expunge’ your record.

    Complete a petition for expungment AND a General Waiver and Release (Form DC/CR78). In order to complete the form, you will need to know the date you were arrested, summoned, or cited; the law enforcement agency that took the action; the offense with which you were charged; and the date your case was disposed.
    Make copies of your forms and bring to the court where your case was concluded.
    You may need to pay a $30 fee for every charge you’d like to remove, unless you were acquitted of the charge.
    The process should take approximately 90 days, unless there is an objection to your petition within 30 days by the State’s Attorney or law enforcement agency. If so, the court will hold a hearing and will notify you to attend.

Leave a Reply