Find Your Instant Background Report at Government Records Registry Site.
I admit I stole some promotional gift cards from a store and used them to buy food. It was stupid but my family was hungry. I was caught and issued a summons and not arrested. I went back to the store the very next day and repaid everything I took. Now I have to deal with the court. I was $29 over the class c limit and it is a class b misdemeanor. I am 26 and a 4.0 grad student. I feel I had a bright future but this black mark might ruin me. I am going to try to get into a pre trial deferment program in hopes I can do community service and not face a conviction. My questions are…
1) If I am able to get into the program and get the charges dropped after the community service will the summons be on my permanent record? I know an arrest will stay but I was not arrested.
2) If all goes well what would be on my record?
3) If convicted will I be unable to apply for government work in the future?
- i have a summon for prelim but i was not arrested why?
- given summons but not arrested
- how can i be given a summons for disorderly conduct if i wasnt arrested
- i got summoned and not arrested why
- i was not arrested but summon to prelim
- if i am summons do i have to appear in court
- is it good that i was not arrested but was summoned for prelim
- released on summons appearing on public record
- was no arrested or fingerprinted just gr a summons for xourt