Find Your Instant Background Report at Government Records Registry Site.
My bro-in-law has a lot of problems with his older brother. To make a long story short, a few times the brother threatened the life of my bro-in-law, and when we informed the police, the cops said "get it on tape". Fast forward a few weeks, the brother came with the grandmother to my bro-in-law’s house to store some things in the garage, and my bro-in-law left a recording device in the garage. It recorded the brother saying several times he was going to kill my bro-in-law by slitting his throat, etc. Now the same cop says the recording may be illegal. How is this possible if the conversation was on my bro-in-law’s property in his garage? Will the tape hold up in court? My bro-in-law is trying to get a restraining order against his older brother, and now that we have absolute proof this scumbag is a psycho, it’s horrible to think that we won’t even be able to use it as evidence.
- TAPE RECORDERS USE ON GOVERNMENT PROPERTY
- is it legal to record conversations in NY
- is it illegal to record someone with out them knowing in ny
- is it illegal to record conversations in new york
- is it legal to record conversations with boss in ny
- can I tape a 1 on 1 conversation in ny
- is illegal in ny to record conversations
- michigan law on tape recording one in a face to face conversation without one knowing
- new york personal recording legal or illegal
- law to secretly tape record face to face in n y evidence in court